Hiking with dogs is one of the BEST things about living in Northern Nevada! Join us for this free workshop that covers safety considerations, trail etiquette, essential training, and gear – so you and your dog can enjoy your time on the trail.
We will discuss:
- Leash laws: when you have to use a leash and when you can skip it
- How to share the trail responsibly with other trail users
- How to respond to other people’s loose dogs (or children)
- Essential training for outdoor adventures, including coming when called and polite leash walking
- Gear to make your trips fun and easy (Did you know there’s a coat that keeps your dog cool? And a way for your dog to carry his own leash?)
- First aid for the trail
When: Saturday May 14 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Where: Fur and Feather Works Training Center
- The workshop is FREE, but please RSVP so we know to expect you.
- Please leave your dog at home. They will enjoy putting what you learn into practice, we promise.
- All you need to bring is a way to take notes and a sense of humor!
Call (775) 420-2322 or email us to RSVP today!