Private Bird Training
Put your bird’s brain to work!
Living with a bird can be challenging. But not when you have Reno’s most experienced bird trainer in your corner.
We can help:
- Put an end to all the screaming
- Stop stressful aggressive behavior
- Bring relief from feather plucking, picking, and self-mutilation
About Private Pet Bird Training
Learn how to train your bird like a pro
Though no longer legally wild-caught, parrots are technically tamed wild animals. Most species are only a few generations removed from their natural habitat and are still learning to adapt to ours.
Our in-home bird training program focuses on helping your bird live happily and successfully in your home. You’ll learn how to stop unwanted bird behavior, replace it with behavior you enjoy, and keep your bird’s brain occupied and out of trouble.
If you’re like most of our clients, you’ll also catch the bird training bug. (Say that 5 times fast!) Your new training skills can be put to all kinds of use, like training groovy bird tricks to impress your dinner guests.
But first, let’s get your bird problems solved and restore peace to your household.
Private bird training details
- All bird training begins with an initial in-home assessment to set goals and design your customized bird training plan.
- 60-90 minute Initial Consultation fee: $250
- Due to an increase in no-call, no-shows during the era of COVID, 1/2 of the consult fee will be due when you make your appointment. Thank you for your consideration of other pet owners who would like that appointment spot.
Please note that private bird training is available only for birds living in Reno and Sparks.
“With Joanna’s help Butters calmed down…”
“When I rescued an unruly Quaker parakeet I had my work cut out for me. I was fortunate to meet Joanna of Fur and Feather Works. With Joanna’s help Butters calmed down and would let people sit peacefully in the same room without eating them. I definitely recommend anyone who has a bird or who is interested in getting a bird talk to Joanna.” – Butters’ mom Ruby, condensed from her Yelp review
Meet the Fur & Feather Works training team
Before inviting us out to your home, you’d probably like to know a bit about us, our professional credentials, and our training philosophy. We’ve got a whole page all about that.
Fur and Feather Works. Providing private in-home bird training for parrots, cockatiels, budgies, conures, parakeets, macaws, amazons, cockatoos, and all other feathered friends residing in Reno and Sparks.