Puppy and New Dog Packets
Ever worry that a dog won’t stay in her new home for long? Want to help new dog owners get a jump start on understanding and training their new friend?
According to the AVMA, “a dog’s tendency to bite depends on at least 5 interacting factors: heredity, early experience, later socialization and training, health (medical and behavioral), and victim behavior.”
Fur and Feather Works can help with three of those five factors.
We provide free training and behavioral health packets for vets, breeders and rescues to send home with their puppies or dogs.
These packets will:
- be customized for a breed’s specific behavioral requirements
- smooth over the disruption in the household when a new dog or puppy arrives
- make the bonding process will be easier and faster (not to mention less stressful on the dog).
- keep more dogs in their homes by normalizing dog behavior and beginning the prevention of behavior problems as early as possible.
- encourage the dog’s family to attend a Puppy Kindergarten or Basic Manners class to learn more about training their new friend
- establish a support network should anything go wrong.
If you are a breeder, veterinarian, or rescue worker, you are on the front line.
Contact us to get some packets customized for your needs.